Welcome to enjoy golf on snow and ice!
Built at the feet of Ounasvaara fell, the winding fairways on the forestry hillsides offer a relaxing golfing experience at the winter golf course of Santa Claus Golf. On the snowy fairways there are no greens, but whites, trolleys are changed into sledges, white golf balls into bright orange ones and shorts and t-shirts into warm winter clothes. The 9 hole winter golf round is about 2 km and takes about 1,5 to 2 hours. The winter golf course is open from early February until the beginning of April (depending on the snow situation).
The Club house of Santa Claus Golf serves you daily when the golf course is open, on weekdays from 10am until 5pm and on weekends from 10am until 3pm. From the Club house you will find locker rooms, toilets, showers, a small proshop with rental clubs and other winter golf equipment, Caddiemaster and the restaurant. You can take advantage of the club house services before and after your round and also between the rounds if you play 18 holes.
- 9 hole winter golf course
- 4km from the city center of Rovaniemi
- Open from early February until the beginning / middle of April
- The game is the same, but the experience quite different
- No greens but whites
- Teeing is allowed not only in tee boxes but also on the fairways
- Some of the whites are on the frozen lakes (water hazards) of the golf course
- Colourful golf balls from the club house
- Putter + 3 irons
- No trolleys but sledges or carry bags
- Skiing tracks are hazard areas
- Rental clubs from the Club House
- The Club House serves you daily
- Take a break at the Club House and enjoy drinks, lunch, sweets…
- 9 holes 1h – 1h 30 min, 18 holes 2h – 3h
- Winter golf competitions in March
- “Get to know golf” for groups (1-2h, book in advance)
- Information and bookings: tel. +358 200 30200, email. email@example.com
More information about winter golf.
Welcome to cross the Arctic Circle while golfing on snow and ice!